Jyo Bana on Fri, 10 May 2013 20:28:59
Hi , am using SharePoint 2010
have a document Library with emails migrated from public folders ...I have this column Name (linked to document with edit menu which shows the subject of the email
I want to change this column name - Name (linked to document with edit menu) to "Subject "..
Please let me know, if there is a way to change this in SharePoint.....did not find it in UI....
I know this is a default column, but want to rename it ...please help
KCRyan318 on Fri, 10 May 2013 21:36:56
In the ribbon where the library is displayed, click List Settings. Scroll down the page and look for the column name. You should be able to click the name and change it there.
Hope this helps!
Kelly Chen 2012 on Mon, 13 May 2013 07:14:03
You cannot change the name column name in the library directly. As a workaround, open the site, where the document library is, in SharePoint Designer. Create a new page. Add the document library with Insert and Data View (in the ribbon), You can now change Name into whatever you like.
Jyo Bana on Mon, 13 May 2013 12:17:39
Thanks for your reply, Could you please explain the steps better...After I goto Sp Designer open the site and create a new page and from there I could not follow...if you could give a step by step process...would be great
Kelly Chen 2012 on Tue, 14 May 2013 01:51:12
Sorry to unmark your reply, but you don’t give the steps to achieve this.
- Open the page you created, go to its design view.
- Click insert tab, Data view, select the document library you want.
- Then on the ListViewWebpart, select the name column, change it to whatever you want.
Jyo Bana on Tue, 14 May 2013 12:22:03
Thanks Kelly! Appreciate your help
See other lastest posts
kinect for windows v2 sdk
- Shoulder rotation around Y-axis using kinect sdk1.8 and c#
- Tablets that work with Kinect SDK2
- is it possible to run a release version of kinect window application without install SDK in intel compute stick?
- Error - Verify depth and color with kinect V2 for Windows on my computer
- Surface Pro 4, depth and color camera work but the user is almost never detected