Why my account was banned today

Category: windows apps - register and manage account

Question

Hovhannes Petrosyan on Wed, 18 Apr 2018 19:01:00

Today I have tried to login to my devcenter account. And I see message "Access restricted
We're sorry, you don't have permission to access this page because your Dev Center account has been deactivated. For assistance, please contact support."

I have not even received email that my account was banned. 

Why my account was banned?

Replies

Simple Samples on Wed, 18 Apr 2018 21:20:15

The words "deactivated" and "banned" do not mean the same thing. If you want the personnel most qualified to help to look at this then use the correct terminology. The word "banned" implies a security matter and "deactivated" sounds like an administrative action. There might be a totally valid explanation; don't panic. Exaggerating the truth won't accomplish anything useful.

Hovhannes Petrosyan on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 05:33:31

Simple Samples, you are number one expert in free and totally useless answers. My respect.

Simple Samples on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 05:36:59

Simple Samples, you are number one expert in free and totally useless answers. My respect.

Aha! So this is not your only account around here. I assume you say "banned" because it has happened before.

Mattew Wu on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 06:20:21

Hello,

This issue out of the scope of forum support.

If you don't receive the email having you know account deactivation, you could send an email to reportapp@microsoft.com through your developer account to ask for details.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu