Question

rebmaamberrebmaamber on Wed, 02 Aug 2017 07:40:55

I am trying to install Data quality server installer when i install SQL on feature selection i select all features and installed now i am try to use SSDT SQL Server Data tools first i installed then i try to run DQSinstaller.exe from MS SQL Server bin folder but when i run this shows an error on command prompt that

Microsoft (R) DQS Installer Command Line Tool
Copyright (c) 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.

[8/2/2017 12:40:15 PM] DQS Installer started. Installation log will be written to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Log\DQS_install.log

[8/2/2017 12:40:15 PM] Setting the collation to default value: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
[8/2/2017 12:40:15 PM] Failed to connect to local instance 'abc-myname'.
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Login failed for user 'CORP\myname'.
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions, SessionData reconnectSessionData, DbConnectionPool pool, String accessToken, Boolean applyTransientFaultHandling)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
   at Microsoft.Ssdqs.DqsInstaller.Utilities.InstallerUtility.TestConnection(String instance, Exception& exception)
ClientConnectionId:2c51b0c3-fbb9-4eec-a416-b5deacbdff27
Error Number:18456,State:1,Class:14
Press any key to continue...

then i try to connect on MS SQL Server 2014 Management Studio then this shows an error please check image image

is there any solution please

after that when i open SQL Server 2014 Data Quality Client and try to connect then this shows same error which is in SQL appear

Sponsored

Replies

Satish Kumar Gajula on Wed, 02 Aug 2017 08:22:24

During installation,

1) Have you selected " Add Current User ", 

2) Have you selected Mixed mode, if yes you can select with "SA"

If none of the selected, no way of sql server login but try with below URL suggestions, if none of them is working for you need to re-install.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/sqlman/2011/06/14/tips-tricks-you-have-lost-access-to-sql-server-now-what/

Thanks, Satish Kumar. Please mark as this post as answered if my anser helps you to resolves your issue :)

rebmaamberrebmaamber on Wed, 02 Aug 2017 10:29:14

yes with sa i successfully connected but when after connected when i try to install data quality server this shows an error

Satish Kumar Gajula on Wed, 02 Aug 2017 14:14:55

Hi,

As per the error message, have you given necessary privileges to "  'CORP\myname'. " and you confirmed that you are able to loing using SA., please provide necessary access to " 'CORP\myname'. "

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Login failed for user 'CORP\myname'.

Thanks,

rebmaamberrebmaamber on Thu, 03 Aug 2017 04:58:00

Hi,

As per the error message, have you given necessary privileges to "  'CORP\myname'. " and you confirmed that you are able to loing using SA., please provide necessary access to " 'CORP\myname'. "

Thanks,

Thanks, Satish Kumar. Please mark as this post as answered if my anser helps you to resolves your issue :)

ok so how i provide necessary aaccess to COPR\myname? will you please tell me

Satish Kumar Gajula on Thu, 03 Aug 2017 15:42:55

Hi As you confirmed, that you are able to login SSMS with "SA"

1) Please login SSMS with "SA"

2) Go to security tab --> Logins --> new login --> General tab -->Select Windows Radio button as yours is Windows login

3) Server Roles tab --> Please provide necessary server rele, for eg: sysadmim has full access on SQL Server

4) User Mapping tab --> this wil help to map the logins to databases

Thanks,

Satish Kumar Gajula on Fri, 04 Aug 2017 07:46:24

Hi Rebmaamber,

Just few mins back, I have reproduced your issue in my testing lab.

Issue: As you reported.

1) Please find the below screen with my Windows Login not able to authenticate both SSMS and DQSinstaller.exe from command prompt

2) Connected to SSMS with my SA account granted permission to SQL Server, here I have given SA priviliges

CREATE LOGIN [WIN-7SD58N3F1CI\Administrator] FROM WINDOWS WITH DEFAULT_DATABASE=[master], DEFAULT_LANGUAGE=[us_english]
GO

ALTER SERVER ROLE [sysadmin] ADD MEMBER [WIN-7SD58N3F1CI\Administrator]
GO

3) Later able to connect both SSMS and DQSinstaller.exe., for reference -- please find the below screen

3) After entering password., the installation is successfull and I can see the DB's of DQ

Hence you need to provide necessary privileges to  'CORP\myname'