Issue in Debugging outlook plugin in VS 2019

Category: visual studio officetools

Question

Krishvenk on Fri, 05 Apr 2019 02:29:16

Hello All,

I was working with outlook plugin(VSTO) application in my VS 2015/17 earlier on my WIN 7 laptop and recently my laptop has been migrated to WIN 10. Currently, i face this issue whenever i try to debug the vsto application from VS 2017.

Issue as-is pasted below:

Managed Debugging Assistant 'FatalExecutionEngineError' has detected a problem in '***********\Office16\outlook.exe'.
Additional Information: The runtime has encountered a fatal error. The address of the error was at 0x7325eeb5, on thread 0x41cc. The error code is 0xc0000005. This error may be a bug in the CLR or in the unsafe or non-verifiable portions of user code. Common sources of this bug include user marshaling errors for COM-interop or PInvoke, which may corrupt the stack.

Do we have any fix for this? Please let me know if you need any information from my end on this.

Thanks, 

Replies

Karl Stevens on Sun, 05 May 2019 08:36:27

I"m getting the same error trying to debug an Excel VSTO addin (Windows 10, office 365, VS 2017).  The only two changes to the dev box I made today were to update a github extension and load ms system update windows-10-update-kb4495667.  Any Ideas? 

Managed Debugging Assistant 'FatalExecutionEngineError' : 'The runtime has encountered a fatal error. The address of the error was at 0x717851e2, on thread 0x378c. The error code is 0xc0000005. This error may be a bug in the CLR or in the unsafe or non-verifiable portions of user code. Common sources of this bug include user marshaling errors for COM-interop or PInvoke, which may corrupt the stack.'