Question

Matt Ozborn on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 00:50:59

What component or control is used to display the list of alarms in the freealarmclock app as can be seen on the pic @ http://freealarmclocksoftware.com/ ?

Sponsored

Replies

Mr. Javaman II on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 01:20:46

It's a conglomeration of controls.

Matt Ozborn on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 16:48:45

Thanks for your reply. I already know what menus, labels, checkboxes, and textboxes look like. I am interested in what you are marking as probably a listbox, or what is used to display the list of alarms specifically. If it is a listbox, how is it that it can contain the labels and checkboxes inside it? It is almost as if they have manually drawn these panels or something. Could someone point me towards any good information to learn more about how you can do something like that.

Thanks again for any help!

Mr. Javaman II on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 16:51:59

In WPF there are controls known as ITEM CONTAINERS.  These control allow a template to be designed to put in other UICONTROLS such as the list box etc.  WPF also can separate data from the controls by using a technique called Binding.  Binding makes it easy for the developer to just access and change the data instead of having to rely on the control to get the data. 

You will want to download the example open it in VS2012 and study how it works.  Otherwise look up the keywords "WPF DATA TEMPLATE" on google.