avac1234 on Wed, 07 Sep 2016 19:59:17
Is there a way that a person can add an item to a library but cannot view any of the documents in the library? The only permission that the person would have is to add a document.
croute1 on Wed, 07 Sep 2016 20:31:43
Hi avac- the only way you could accomplish that is to 1. Control permissions individually on the documents you don't want them to see. 2. Turn on content approval and set it so that only the approvers and the author are able to access the documents. 3. Set versioning so that only the authors are able to see draft items. Then don't publish any major versions.
Lazermn03 on Wed, 07 Sep 2016 21:55:35
You can accomplish this by creating a 2010 workflow that uses an Impersonation Step. In the Impersonation Step any actions will run as the user who Published the workflow so you can change permissions on the item after it's been created. Even if the user doesn't have access to modify permissions.
Lakshmanan Sethu on Wed, 07 Sep 2016 22:14:25
You can try this also
taylor.l on Thu, 08 Sep 2016 07:25:35
Another way is to have a dumping library where users upload to. You can then use a workflow or content organiser rules to move the file to the new library on upload.
Meaning the dumping ground is always empty and the files moved to another library.
If this is helpful please mark it so. Also if this solved your problem mark as answer.
Wendy DZ on Thu, 08 Sep 2016 07:42:34
For your requirement, you can do as the followings:
1. Create a custom permission level and name it "AddOnly", set there are "Add Items" and "View Items" for the custom permission level.
2. Go to your library, and stop Inheriting Permissions, and grant the user "AddOnly" permission.
3. Open the site with SharePoint Designer 2013, and create a SharePoint 2010 platform workflow.
4. In the workflow, add an Impersonation Step into it, then add "Remove List Item Permissions" action to remove the user's permission.
5. In the workflow Start Options, set "Start workflow automatically when an item is created"
The workflow is like:
Arulmani Thiyagarajan on Thu, 08 Sep 2016 12:20:32
There is no direct option to achieve above functionality. Please try out below steps,
Please refer below link
Wendy DZ on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 09:53:27
I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue.