Question

LemuelBotha on Thu, 30 May 2013 09:05:19

Hi, we have a website running that we are testing using coded ui testing, is it possible to setup a test whereby we have the test run with multiple session id's simultaneously?

Basically, we want to test that all the functionality can handle a heavy server load.

I would like to use my existing coded ui tests if possible.

Thanks

Sponsored

Replies

Priyanka Patodia on Thu, 30 May 2013 11:02:05

At a time you can run only one instanse of CodedUI test in single machine.

CodedUi is meant for Functionality test. To verify multiple instanse at a same time of you should be go with Web testing feature of VSTS .

The Ghost - A Good Boy from Hell on Thu, 30 May 2013 12:13:43

Hi LemuelBotha

Check this thread:

create a web test and load test project in VSTS 2012

Thanks
The Ghost

TimJim on Thu, 30 May 2013 14:09:18

To be precise yes it is possible.  Coded UI tests can be used as a part of a load test.  Typically though it is not practical as Priyanka mentioned.  You will need a machine per virtual user you are trying to simulate for the load test.  If you are trying to simulate 50 users for your load test you need 50 machines or VMs - 1 per virtual user - to run the coded UI tests.  Using web performance tests or unit tests as a part of a load test is almost always the better option.

see the limitations section here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff468125.aspx

hari mynam on Fri, 06 Sep 2013 14:26:16

My goal is to run the same coded UI test on multiple remote boxes / VM with same OS(Win 7 64bit), which have test agents configured. When I am trying from VS2012 I can able to run my coded UI on one remote box, even though I see "Running tests" status of test agents on other remote boxes. I am ok to increase VMs to simulate exact business scenarios per 1user per box.

Please let me know if you have any idea to achieve this.

Thanks,