Category: sql server analysisservices
Winnie.Wang on Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:11:21
Recently, I was blocked by the dimension proactive caching, following is what I set, but seem that I didn't get any update, could you please help me take a look at, and check which step I missed?
The AS database is tha sample of Microsoft(AdventureWorksDW), its datasource is the atventureworksDW on the same machine
1. process AS database;
2. right click the dimension "Date" and get the properties;
3. click the "Proactive Caching" and click the "options.." on that page;
4. set "Storage Options" dialog
Storage Mode: MOLAP
1). General tab:
a. Caching Settings:
check "update the cache when data changes"
Silence interval: 10 seconds
Silence override interval: 10 minutes
b. check "Bring online imediately"
a. Check "Scheduled polling"
polling interval: 1 minutes
polling query: SELECT COUNT(*) AS TotalCount from DimTime
5. insert query "insert into DimTime("TimeKey","EnglishDayNameOfWeek") values(1180,'dimtest')" to relation database;
6. use following MDX query after I did step5 1 minutes later
with member x as [Date].[Day Name].allmembers.count
select x on 0
from [Adventure Works]
7. I didn't see any changes with this query, I'm sure I have inserted this the data.
billcan on Thu, 07 Mar 2013 03:36:40
I have a similar scenario with you. My dimensions deploy on different SQL Server and It was not update so far.
silna on Thu, 07 Mar 2013 11:39:54
Did u specify the tracking table in Notifications ?
please refer below link for details
billcan on Wed, 13 Mar 2013 01:18:00
Hi Silna it's a useful guide and resolve my problem, thanks.
@Winnie you can following that link to check your configure files, before process Dimension and Cube please take care of their proactive cache property (MOLAP or ROLAP default was disabled!). And I think you should also check the "Update the cache periodically" option.
Winnie.Wang on Wed, 29 May 2013 01:30:13
Thanks a lot silan and billcan^_^