Question

Cao Truong HOANG on Thu, 08 Jun 2017 15:30:03

Hello,

For the security reason, i want to set a firewall on my Azure SQL Database.

This firewall is for allowing my web app access to my SQL DataBase. And this firewall don't allow other azure resources access to this Azure SQL Database.

In azure portal of sql database server, there are this option "Allow access to Azure services". If i enable this option, all azure resources can connect to my SQL Database. And if i desactivate this option, all azure resources can not connect to my SQL Database. But it is not the reponse for my problematic.

Could you please help me find a solution to security my SQL database from other azure resources ?

Thanks in advanced,

Best regards,

Cao

Sponsored

Replies

pituach on Thu, 08 Jun 2017 17:57:37

Hello,

For the security reason, i want to set a firewall on my Azure SQL Database.

This firewall is for allowing my web app access to my SQL DataBase. And this firewall don't allow other azure resources access to this Azure SQL Database.

In azure portal of sql database server, there are this option "Allow access to Azure services". If i enable this option, all azure resources can connect to my SQL Database. And if i desactivate this option, all azure resources can not connect to my SQL Database. But it is not the reponse for my problematic.

Could you please help me find a solution to security my SQL database from other azure resources ?

Thanks in advanced,

Best regards,

Cao

Good day,

>> For the security reason, i want to set a firewall on my Azure SQL Database.

Azure SQL database has a firewall by default. In fact the firewall is on the Azure SQL Server level. You don't need to add it but only configure the rules.

>> Could you please help me find a solution to security

The Azure SQL Server Firewall rules are very limited

According to your description I see simple option you can set 'Allow access to Azure services' to OFF, and give access to the app IP only (create a Reserved IP and allow that IP)

Check this link:
How do I determine the outbound IP addresses of my Azure App Service

How to find your outgoing Azure App Service IP address

signature   Ronen Ariely
 [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Cao Truong HOANG on Fri, 09 Jun 2017 13:05:07

Hello Renen Ariely,

Very thanks for your best reply.

Best regards,

Cao

pituach on Fri, 09 Jun 2017 19:47:52

You are most welcome and thanks for the thanks :-)