Question

DamienRan on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 15:14:12

Hi,

I've encountered the problem where I can see that they're messages on my Azure event hub, and when I try and stream them to blob storage using stream analytics - nothing happens. It just streams constantly without any messages ever being written to the specified blob storage. I'm also using a very simple query : SELECT * INTO [Blob] FROM [InputEventHub]

When I try and sample the data I get the following error message : "No events found for "********". Start time: 27 March 2017, 15:15:28 End time: Monday 27 March 2017, 16:16:28 Last time arrival Monday, 27 March 2017, 15:16:46 Diagnostics: While sampling data, no data was received from '4' partitions". They're over 6 thousand messages on the event hub so I know that they're events present on it. Has anyone run into this problem? Thanks in advance.

Damien

Sponsored

Replies

Net Azure Questions on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 16:36:54

I too observed the same scenario today. Instead of blob, I wanted the data to be pushed to power BI.

'Sample data from input' is not working!

Net Azure Questions on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 16:47:25

Solution to get it working:

Step 1: Under 'Job topology' select 'Input' blade

Step 2: Highlight the event hub and click '...' button on extreme right

Step 3: From the pop up window, select 'Sample data'

Step 4: Specify duration

This will work

DamienRan on Fri, 31 Mar 2017 15:41:52

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The steps you've suggested don't rectify the problem for me. When I sample the data it responds "No Events found for 'Event Hub'. Start time: Friday 31 March 2017, 16:00:30 End Time, 31 ,March 2017, 16:03:30 Last time arrival: Friday, 31 March, 2017, 15.58 Diagnostics: While Sampling data, no data was received from '4' partitions".  Any ideas? Thanks for your reply by the way.

Kind regards,

Damien

JS Azure on Wed, 05 Apr 2017 00:51:23

Hi Damien,

I'd like to suggest few steps to investigate on this issue. Please note that it will involve starting the job (instead of using sample data).

Can you confirm you see the incoming messages in Azure Stream Analytics, and not only in Event Hub. For this, can you:

1. Make sure your sensors/devices are sending data to Event Hub

2. Start your ASA job

3. Go on Azure portal, then open the "Overview" blade for your ASA job.

4. Have a look at the monitoring chart. Double check you see some input events here when your job starts (be sure to have "Input Events" chose in the chart, if not click on Edit). The chart may need 30 seconds to 1 minute to refresh.

If there is no input event here, there is probably a problem with the connection to your hub.

If you do see inputs, but no output, can you look if you have any error in "Activity Log" blade. For further investigations you can also use our new improved troubleshooting experience announced last month:  https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/improved-troubleshooting-in-azure-stream-analytics-with-diagnostic-logs/

Let me know how it works for you.

Thanks,

JS (Azure Stream Analytics)

DamienRan on Wed, 05 Apr 2017 12:24:04

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I got it working. The format in which I was ingesting messages was completely wrong. I downloaded a sample Json data set, modified it slightly and was able to send this to the hub, then use Stream Analytics to stream that data from the hub to Azure Data Lake. Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Damien

JS Azure on Wed, 05 Apr 2017 19:26:57

Thanks for the update! Good to see you are unblocked!

Thanks,

JS