Question

CGonIT on Thu, 05 Oct 2017 16:07:12

Today I created an empty ResourceGroup to do some tests with Locks.

The problem is that now, when I delete the only 2 locks that I created in the ResourceGroup, they look as they has been deleted. But if I do a refresh, they appear again.

I go under Activity Logs and the operations shows that they has been deleted successfully, but thats not true.

Any suggestion? I'm the only owner of the suscription so I'm the admin.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Sponsored

Replies

Ajay Kumar .N on Thu, 05 Oct 2017 18:23:34

Sign out and re-login to the Azure Portal and see if the lock still appears.
For a test, you may create another Resource Group and assign lock, and let us know how this works.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

CGonIT on Fri, 06 Oct 2017 11:24:18

Hi Ajay, 

Answering you:

ign out and re-login to the Azure Portal and see if the lock still appears. 

->Done, tried with Firefox, Chrome, Edge and IExplorer, with same result.
- For a test, you may create another Resource Group and assign lock, and let us know how this works.->Done also, and in other RG created at same time, i can create and delete locks without the same behaviour. 

Thank you for your help. Hope someone have the right solution =)

Kapil.Kumawat on Fri, 06 Oct 2017 13:10:23

Hello,

I tried to recreate the scenario that you mentioned but its working fine for me.

I create multiple locks to a blank resource group in region West Europe of type Readonly and Delete.

I deleted them and refresh the screen and they were deleted and I didnt see them again.

In activity log also I can see the entries for deletion.

You can contact to Azure support team for this using this link -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-supportability/how-to-create-azure-support-request

Regards

Kapil

Please Mark as Answer if my post works for you or Vote as Helpful if it helps you. Kapil Singh

CGonIT on Mon, 09 Oct 2017 12:49:00

Hi Kapil, 

My problem is that the issue is in my MSDN Account, and it suggest me to upgrade my support plan at the time I try to open a case. So I don´t know how to continue in this case.

I can continue working like everything is fine, but is anoying to see there a ResouceGroup that I can´t delete because of the deletion of a Lock is not working.. :(

Thank you anyway.

Ajay Kumar .N on Tue, 10 Oct 2017 17:10:10

Visit Azure Resource Explorer (https://resources.azure.com ), navigate to subscriptions -> Your specific subscription -> ‘providers’ -> Microsoft.Web -> ‘certificates’, and then try deleting it from there. Refer the document for more details.

Note: Ensure that you only delete the unwanted certificate/resource, as action once taken cannot be undone.

Q: Do I need a support plan if I need assistance with a technical issue experienced with Microsoft Azure?

A: Yes, you need an Azure paid support plan to receive one-on-one technical support. More information about the existing support plans can be found at the Azure Support Plans page. See, Azure Support FAQs for more details.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

CGonIT on Mon, 06 Nov 2017 14:13:07

Sorry, but under my suscription there is no Microsoft.Web under "providers" at any resource. I saw some screenshots on internet but my suscription doesn´t have that provider so I can´t continue with your steps.

Still waitting for help or advices in how to delete it, is a MSDN Account so I'm not going to pay for support, even more if it is an Azure Problem.

Thank you anyway.

Ajay Kumar .N on Wed, 08 Nov 2017 11:58:02

As Kapil mentioned, I was unable to repro the issue you have described. Refer the screenshots below: 

Created an empty RG named TestingLock > with 2 locks of type 'Read-only' and 'Delete':

Successfully deleted the locks from the ‘TestingLock’ RG:

If the RG is empty, you may consider deleting it, visit Azure Resource Explorer (https://resources.azure.com ), navigate to your specific subscription > Expand “resourceGroups”, and then delete the empty/problematic RG.

Note: Ensure that you only delete the unwanted resource group, as action once taken cannot be undone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CGonIT on Wed, 08 Nov 2017 12:07:27

Hi Ajay, 

Thank you for your response. I know that is so extrange this behaviour. But I also tried this and no lucky:

So I don´t know what else to do. As you can see, this is the RGAZU_PRO_02, I did the same tests with RGAZU_PRO_01 and it works, but to my surprise, didn´t work with 02. :(

Thank you anyway =)

Ajay Kumar .N on Thu, 09 Nov 2017 15:55:07

If you haven’t tried removing the lock/RG via PowerShell, try the following:

Use Remove-AzureRmResourceLock to delete the lock and/Or to delete a resource group and all its resources, use the Remove-AzureRmResourceGroup cmdlet as outlined in the document and let us know how it goes.

Again, ensure that you only delete the unwanted resource group, as action once taken cannot be undone.  

CGonIT on Mon, 13 Nov 2017 08:51:42

I know that that could be so confusing, but I tried to do everything you tell me, but it's impossible to delete either Locks and or ResourceGroup.

If I delete by Azure Portal all the Locks, they appear again and again like if I did nothing. If I do it by powershell, I get the faliures about the deletion.

This RG is fully empty, there is no objects inside. My problem is, first of all, during the deletion of the Locks. Once I can delete both Locks, I'm sure that I will be able to delet the RG.

(This post has been modified. (Ty @Ajay Kumar)

Ajay Kumar .N on Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:54:05

You have mentioned, “If I delete by PowerShell all the Locks, they appear again and again like if I did nothing. If I do it by PowerShell, I get the failures about the deletion.”, you have mentioned PowerShell twice, I believe the former is via the Portal. Could you let us know the exact error message that you received via PowerShell?

Microsoft respects Customer Data Privacy and hence would not suggest you to share any sensitive information like (Subscription ID, password, etc.) on the public forum. So, to look into this further, could you share your Subscription ID @AzureSupport on Twitter referencing this thread link (url) and confirming that the Resource Group “RGAZU_PRO_02” is good to be deleted and there would be no way to recover once deleted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ajay Kumar .N on Wed, 15 Nov 2017 19:00:02

We have received the subscription details, thank you for sharing.

To dig further on this issue, we would like to get some more details on this, do try deleting the locks/RG and let us know the operation ID and the time of operation here.

CGonIT on Wed, 15 Nov 2017 22:56:47

Hi back, 

Misteriously.... now I can delete both Locks (they didn't re-appear again now), and then, delete the Resource Group:

But before to mark this thread as solved, can you tell me where were the problem reside?

Thank you for all your pacience and to solve me that problem =)

Ajay Kumar .N on Thu, 16 Nov 2017 17:53:40

We were unable to find the exact initial cause of this, as the resource no longer existed on the backend and there were no errors seen. If you notice this issue again, do let us know so we can immediately take a look from our end.

CGonIT on Fri, 17 Nov 2017 08:30:06

Thank you anyway for your time and help. =)